- Journalism: Excellence in research-based, rigorously sourced nutrition and wellness journalism. Expert storyteller and interviewer in narrative and long-form journalism.
- Marketing + blog strategy: Seven years experience building WordPress blogs specializing in designing brand messaging and content strategy.
- Editing + copywriting: Expert communicator and detail-oriented editor responsible for case studies, conversion funnels, landing pages, ghostwriting, RFPs, and product launch campaigns for Fortune 500 companies.
WordPress, Google Analytics, PhotoShop, InDesign CS4, Microsoft Office Suite, Final Cut Pro
(2012 – present)
Internationally published journalist specializing in travel, wellness, and nutrition.
- Contributor to Huffington Post Healthy Living, Wanderlust Journal, Edible, Yoga Journal Australia, and Mindfood New Zealand.
Content Strategist + Social Media Manager
Represent and manage multiple brands over various social networks. Write and design conversion funnels and email marketing campaigns.
- Research relevant topics, create editorial calendars, and compose engaging SEO-optimized blog content.
- Interact and engage audiences over Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram with strategic posts and engaging content.
- Analyze and implement audience analytics (Facebook page insights, Google Analytics, Hootsuite and Tweetdeck optimization) for more effective, efficient and engaging social media interaction.
- Write and design email marketing materials (conversion funnels, landing pages, weekly newsletters, press releases) across multiple platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact, HubSpot)
Crunch Base + Tech Crunch
George P. Johnson
Music Editor, Montréal Correspondent
Vesper Magazine (2012-2014)
- Music editor: Research and scout potential bands, determine music coverage and angle, conceptualize and assign reporter beats, work side-by-side with Executive Editor and Communications Officer to conceptualize new content and guide project expansion.
- Columnist: research and cover local Montréal talent; write, edit, and compose weekly column: Musiciens Que Je Veux Frencher
Lead Copywriter + Social Media Manager (2009-2012)
Accent Creative Group, marketing and design firm
- Lead copy editor: conceptualized, managed, and wrote advertising and print campaigns. Scrupulously edited all content for consistency, style, and grammar. Conceptualized and developed tailored style manuals for clients’ specific brand language.
- Social media manager: Online presence creative director in charge of brand voice and personality; composed all tweets and Facebook posts; edited and maintained company website.
Assistant Managing Editor (2009-2012)
Legacy on Lanier magazine
- Conceptualized all magazine content, composed editorial outline; worked in close partnership with Lake Lanier Director of Marketing for brainstorming and concept approval.
- Managed editorial calendar, assigned freelance writers, supervised deadlines, served as client and writer liaison; edited and proofread all content before sending to page designer.
Nightly News Reporter (2007)
WPGA, Macon, GA
- Independently sought out stories, followed daily beats on local news, recorded field report standups, personal interviews, and in-studio VOs and VOSOTs. Wrote and copy edited incoming articles before input into prompter.
- Cut and edited raw video footage using Final Cut Pro; spliced interviews and created VO montages respecting story time constraints and relevancy.
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and French (2008)
Mercer University, Macon GA
Diplôme de Langue et de Culture Françaises (2007)
International Center for French Studies
Université Catholique de l’Ouest, Angers France
Additional Expertise + Activities
- Wilderness hiking guide
- Group fitness teacher – Sports & Wellness, New Mexico
- Les Mills certified RPM instructor – Les Mills, New Zealand
- Yoga (hatha, vinyasa, kundalini; practicing 8+ years)
- Mountaineering, spelunking, bike touring, mountain biking, crossing county/alpine skiing
- Wilderness First Aid
- Register of Exercise Professionals
- Les Mills International Group Fitness Certification
- Red Cross Australasia – First Aid + Save-A-Life
- American Heart Association CPR + First Aid